What do we do?
Iraq Law Alliance, PLLC (‘ILA’) is a law firm which represents national and multinational companies. We advise on all legal matters related to corporate and reconstruction activities in Iraq. Our practice spans a broad spectrum and includes general corporate and commercial, contract, projects and finance construction, regulatory, licensing, labor, intellectual property, and tax issues.
Cooperation with International Law firms and International Organizations
ILA, through its attorneys and consultants, maintains privileged relationships with prominent international law firms around the world without any formal relationship with any of them.
ILA seeks to constantly solidify these relationships by participating in international seminars and forums on Iraq, and by seeking to periodically offer its members training in international law firms. Further, ILA has, among its members, lawyers who have experience working with international law firms and in the Middle East, including Iraq.
ILA maintains contacts, and cooperates with, numerous governmental and non-governmental organizations involved in the reconstruction of Iraq, and the development and growth of the legal infrastructure in Iraq.
ILA’s general corporate practice includes advising clients in the following areas:
- Development of new legislation in Iraq
- Drafting and negotiation of joint venture agreements for inward investment in Iraq
- Formation and registration of Iraqi companies
- Drafting and interpretation of construction contracts using FIDIC and other formats
- Investigation and discovery concerning Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (‘FCPA’)
- Conduct of oil and gas business in Iraq
- Drafting and negotiation of employment agreements and the impact of Iraqi labor laws on every aspect of the employer/employee relationship
- Preparation of lease and sale contracts and their interpretation
- Establishment of new businesses in Iraq, through each of the various legal avenues available for foreign investment
- Ongoing maintenance of Iraqi companies, branch and representative offices in conformity with Iraqi corporate laws and regulations
- Taxation of profits, rents, dividends, royalties, capital gains, oil revenues and all other fiscal matters
- Drafting and negotiation of distribution and agency agreements